Click here to download a presentation on migrant education.Download Migrant Presentation
Criteria to qualify for the Migrant Education Program
Establish a migratory history. The family or part of the family must have moved across state or county lines, with the intention of obtaining work in agriculture or a related industry.
- The young child or student must have joined his or her family during this time period.
- The parent, guardian or emancipated youth must have done seasonal or temporary work : agriculture, fishing, or a related industry such as poultry processing.
- Part of the migratory history has to be in the USA.
- The purpose or intent of the family’s move across district or state lines has to be …To obtain work in agriculture or a related industry.
- The income obtained from the work in question should be used to support the family.
- An individual under the age of 21 years who is supporting himself could qualify for the Migrant Education Program as long as they meet all the above criteria.